Saturday, February 5, 2011

January 31, 2011

Hello all,

I have received sad news today about the loss of my friend Nicholas Polus. It has hit me quite hard and shook me. It once again reminds me that life doesn't last forever and is not fair. It rarely goes according to our plans and takes us along for the ride. Nick was a valued friend that had many difficult challenges in his life. He bore them with a smile all the while. I have many vivid memories of him coming back with his mud covered jeep, happy as could be. Many times we were able to stop and talk in the front lawn about what most boys talk about. Cars and females. He was a dear friend that was always near. I always looked up to him, not only because he was taller than me, but because he was someone I could trust. It is hard when we are separated from the ones we love most dearly. It would be much more difficult if this separation lasted forever. I know that it does not. It is temporary, not permanent. 

Our Heavenly Father has a plan for all of His children. It is a plan that always allows His children to come back and be happy. Our beloved Prophet shares his feelings on the topic quite well in this video. http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?autoplay=true&index=1&locale=0&sourceId=b63b822d7ecc8210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD
I know that we can live together as families. It is a knowledge that we can find for ourselves through prayer. God answers our questions and blesses us through the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost... "quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands and purifies all the natural passions and affections; and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use. It inspires, develops, cultivates and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings, and affections of our nature. It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness, and charity. It develops beauty of person, form and features. It tends to health, vigor, animation, and social feeling. It invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. It strengthens, and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being." Parley P. Pratt. I love that quote and its importance.

Jackie told us on Wednesday that she WILL be baptised on February 12th!!!!!!!! We are so happy! She has been making all the necessary steps to make that day. We are very happy for her and it is nice to once again see the efforts of our work. Sorry this letter is short. We need to go and work... too many things to do. Not enough time. Next week will be the longest email yet!! I promise. The church is true. I know it. It is perfect, beautiful and simple. Everyone can be blessed from it. It is our job to show them how :) I love you all. Thank you for your prayers.
 
Love,
Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment