Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hello familia,

Before I forget, I got both packages!! Thank you very very very much, they were brilliant. The sour skittles are the hit of our 4/5 American flat. Elder Samueli loves them as well. Mother, I put your package right outside the missionary office... after I had removed the talks and letters. Therefore it was a box of candy... and someone stole it from the Chapel. It was so sad because I wanted those Reece Eggs so bad. Recces and Sour Skittles are my favourite. I guess someone needed them more than me. This week has been very productive. We have three investigators that are excited to progress toward baptism. Hoshar, Yordanos, and Lei. Hoshar is fantastic and from Iran.... he doesn't know if he believes in God but he wants to find happiness. It is great to see him not want to leave the chapel because he feels happy there. 

I love the Spirit! I am beginning to see how powerful it really is and how it can penetrate every aspect of our physical and spiritual bodies. Yordanos is quite golden, except her husband doesn't like her learning about other religions, but she knows that if its what she wants to do... he'll join as well. She is from Eritrea and can already recognize the spirit when she reads and prays about the Book of Mormon. Lei is from CHINA!! I love Lei. She speaks very basic english. I love asking for her to explain how she is feeling during lessons. She says the most pure and innocent things. For example, its like I have a chair back behind me to hold me up and support me, or it feels like my father is holding me berry tightly. Or its like a whoosh feeling that comes over me and calms my body. She took 2 pages of notes on three chapters that we invited her to read! She just wants someone to teach her about how she can get closer to God. She currently has a baptismal date for May 14th! We are praying that she makes it, and that we will be able to teach her all that she needs to know before that day. To teach her thoroughly, we need to have a member named Douglas come with us. 

I should spend more time on my language study. Lei has been teaching me some things as well. I love our lessons with all three of these people, I always feel the spirit and that builds my testimony that I am doing the Lord's work. I am proper excited that I have so much longer left! I am still learning loads from everyone around me. I am so grateful to be her in the center of London. How lucky I am to be doing the greatest work, it a great city. Today we are going to play frisbee and fly kites in Hyde Park :) its a cool 20 degrees and the wind is just right for kites in the sky. We made some lovely ham sandwiches on baguettes with honey dijon mustard and Nando's Peri Peri sauce. Life doesn't get much better than that.

We had some interesting lessons this week with some new people we've been finding. One particular lesson that stuck out was a man named Allen. He is a African from Ghana, and has so so so many questions about everything. He is confused and so confused, that when he hears an answer, he won't listen. I love him to bits though. Such a hoot. In the middle of the lesson, he said... "I don't get it... why would God put a Serpent in the Garden of Eden? Didn't he know that it would be up to no good? It makes no sense, why didn't he put a chiwahwah in the Garden. It wouldn't have caused any problems and we wouldn't have the sin of Adam and Eve on our heads." We were laughing way too much, but the enthusiasm he had and the general concern were hysterical. He was laughing as well... such a proper funny lesson. The sad part is, that he didn't want to listen when we told him about Adam and Eve, or that he could have his questions answered by an appeal to the Bible and Book of Mormon. The root of his problem was that he did not believe in Jesus Christ. He didn't think that we needed to have His help in this world, we would pay for our sins and that's the bottom of it. Nothing would change him and he no longer wants to meet with us anymore. My heart aches when I see someone that can benefit greatly from our message, but they won't listen. It causes my knees to get tired and sore. I want them to listen. This message is free, and gives us everything we need and want. Where do our true desires lie? In the things pertaining to God, or the things pertaining to this world. We don't need the world to be happy, but the world needs God to be happy. Peace and happiness are hard to achieve, but Jesus Christ set the way. The Book of Mormon provides a iron rod to follow, baptism is the gate to begin and prayer gives us the strength to continue and endure. I know this, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I feel it burn in my heart each time I say it. I have no way to communicate my gratitude for my lovely parents who sacrificed everything to teach me how to find never ending joy. I will never have joy without my family. Thank you to everyone that helped my grow. And thank you for your continued support.

Love,
Elder John William Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment