Monday, October 18, 2010

October 11, 2010

Herro family.

Its Elder Krebs here... just checking in again to report on another week. my mission is great :) I absolutely love it. Every part of my mission is brilliant. I love love love my companion... he continually makes me laugh and we worked very very hard this week. It felt soo good. His mind is so creative and random... so he will relate certain things to other things and the connections are hilarious. We saw the results of our labours this week. The work is progressing here. We had a Portuguese woman and her sister come to church on Sunday and we are teaching the whole family now :) The husband Rui (says he doesn't have the faith, and has some walls put up around him) had a terrible toothache one time when we came over. Towards the middle of the lesson I knew we had to give him a blessing and we did. The spirit flowed into the house and he immediately felt relieved and I could see the wall of protection he had put up begin to melt away. The wife (Fatima) says she knows the message is true and really enjoyed church :) We have a 20 year old girl named Georgina in Norwich that we are teaching and she committed to be baptised on October 30th. I have a lot of faith in her if she chooses to make this a priority in her life. 

There is always something to do on a mission and the time goes very quickly. I try so hard to not think about myself at all, but always think about the people I'm helping come to Christ. Speaking of time... We get moves calls on Saturday!! I am a week from finishing my first transfer and a twelfth of my mission. At the beginning of the transfer I was loving that time was going quickly and that before I knew it I was going to be home with my family and friends. Now I am panicking. Two years is not long enough... I have so much to learn. I am a rubbish missionary and because of that I fear some people aren't having the best chance to hear the good word. I can't imagine if I had to learn another language... I would feel like I was not being the best I could be. I can't express how much I love being taught and learning from other missionaries. They all know so much more than me... and I want to soak it all in. Teaching is very difficult... because everyone is different and needs to be taught a certain way. All in all... I'm very happy to be on my mission and learning. These lessons will bless my entire life. There is nothing else I should be doing right now. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. Full time. 
 
I think England (specifically Norwich) is great. The people here are ever so interesting and the culture is ever so different. I had lamb for the first time and it was just like every other meat with a slightly different flavour. The language here is a different language. At the beginning of my mission, people would talk to me and I honestly wouldn't understand them. Now I can :) Norwich is very english... Its not like London. It is slightly international, but no where close to London. It is green here like kentucky :) The weather reminds me of Kentucky. Its brilliant. Its not too cold... I bought some jumpers (sweater vests, cardigans), and I've worn them a couple times. We have to have shoulder bags, no backpacks... so I bought a sweet messenger bag. I really like it. We have to have a side part in our hair and I'm getting really good at it. I sometimes use way too much gel though. Oops. I bought two suits... one for sunday and one more for the week. One was £100 and the other £40 (with a coupon). Thats about $160 and $65 in american money. 

They call twenty pounds in money... twenty quid. I don't really like that... but whatever. The have really cool sayings here that I enjoy saying. They call the stovetop the hob. If i were to say that glen is really really short... I would say he is proper short. When I said that... I would also be taking the mickey out of him (or making fun of him). I say cheers all the time and... yer alright mate. There is another saying that I hear way too much of, but none the less I like it. When we ask someone if they want to hear a message about the restored gospel and they are busy... they'll say... I can't be bothered by that. These are subtle differences, but I really enjoy them. I'm getting used to the roads being backwards. There are just fantastic churches everywhere. Elder Young and I are going to Norwich Cathedral after we are done emailing and I am quite excited. Shopping for food is stressful and cooking is very exhilarating... I never know how anything is going to turn out. We make some good stir-frys and mexican food. I have been purchasing fruit and veggies recently and having yogurt and fruit in the morning. Life is good. Like mum said... I have everything I need.
 
I love my family. Its sad when I hear you all are doing all these fun things... makes me feel like I'm missing out. All in all though... you are missing out. I got chatted up by a gay man the other day. He said I had nice teeth (because I've been wearing my retainers) and that I'm cute. I quickly escaped that situation. At least someone thinks I'm cute. Blah. I am not the boss of my bladder in the slightest. It is kicking my butt... I don't know why. Liquids go straight through me and its irritating. I hate OAB. Elder Young thinks I'm weird when I do pelvic floor thrusts. So I resist.
 
I love you all and I know the gospel is true. I've been learning tons about patience and pride. They are my two crutches. I need to work on them. I have so much to learn. The spirit needs to be my guide. I am striving to purify my life, so the Holy Ghost will direct my every decision. Every prompting I get, I try to follow. Every good thought that will help someone... I strive to do. I am sent to do Christ's will. Please pray that I will be able to do my best. I love you.
 
Elder Krebs
 
p.s. Hope your poison ivy is better daddy. I feel for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment