Friday, August 26, 2011

August 22, 2011

Tudo Bem familia, Hiiii....


I wish I could be with you alll... But that is not possible at the present moment. No man having put his hand to the plow and looking back is fit for the Kingdom of Heaven. I am trying soooo soo hard to just focus... focus focus focus. My thoughts are all over the place... but I'll be able to get them under control soon enough. I just need a little time.




 I am glad to hear about miss laura and tom. Sounds like that is a positive. My President was confused giving me the news... he said you can't really get to pieces of more opposite news. To be honest... they are both pieces of brilliant news. Our Grandma has been faithful her whole life. What a wonderful place she is currently residing. Resting from all her cares and sorrows. She doesn't have to wake up with back pain like me :) We are getting new beds though.. I'm so spoiled. Heh. I think it is because I've been making my bed every morning. Sorry I ignored you for 19 years mum.


 This week in Grays has been just rockin'. We had the baptisms of Hayleigh, Theresa, and Gloria two weeks ago. Now we are striving to find new investigators that match their caliber. They were brilliant investigators... always came to church... always kept appointments... and then made the faithful step to be baptised. Now... we have five more people with baptismal dates. They have the desire to follow Jesus Christ... and come closer to Him. But... the spirit is willing and the flesh is weak. It is okay though... they will be able to have their faith strengthened and we will help them to come to Christ. Why? Why do we come to Christ? Why on earth do Elder Ireland and I breathe and eat and drink missionary work? At first on my mission... it was most likely because when I had high numbers... all my leaders told me I was doing a great job. I knew it was what the Lord wanted me to do... but I definitely did not know why. It then switched from that to because it helps people. People will be more blessed with this restored gospel. It changed to that... as I saw people become happier from the things we were sharing. But why? Why does it make them happier? Why WHY WHY HWY!
We all truly and deeply know why... because of the atonement of Christ. He performed the greatest act of love... for us. We find joy through that... we overcome spiritual and physical death. We have hope through that act. Who cares about the restoration without the atonement? Why would be follow a living prophet if Christ had not died for us? I need my Saviour every hour. He strengthens me and gives me hope. I love my Saviour Jesus Christ. He allows me to see my grandmother again. All my family again. I know this message of the Restoration helps clarify about the extent and love of the Atonement. I love you all and thank you for all your support.

Love,
Elder Krebs

P.s. Elder Ireland is a crack up... so funny. He is reading the Old Testament and says the funniest things related to that. For example "Every time I see a Badger I want to club it and make garments out of it." Who says things like that? What a funny dude. 











No comments:

Post a Comment