Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010

Herro family,
 

I am currently in London, England right now. In the smack dab middle of it. We have zone conference tomorrow and therefore we came up a day early to spend P-day in the city of London. I love it here. I love looking at all the people and their faces. Everyone is so different. A different childhood, parents, and life. It makes me really want to share the Gospel with them because it is universal. I love this work. When anyone asks me how I am, my immediate response is that i'm fantastic. I feel so content and happy. I love waking up each morning, running and then tracting. Could life get better? I submit that it cannot. 

They just raised the Standard of Excellence from 17 hours of finding to 19 hours of finding a week. That is huge and will just make us work that much harder. Every decision we make is a time to learn. I love deciding to do something, then falling to my knees to ask God if that's what he would have me do. I love pausing in prayers and my mind being made clear on how to help our investigators. Most often I will be directed to a chapter of scripture for them to read. It is wonderful how the Book of Mormon brings the spirit. I love teaching from the Book of Mormon. I love using Alma 7 to teach the Atonement and then inviting people to be baptised. We are having some wonderful experiences. 

Fatima's husband Rui came to stake conference yesterday and all the talks were perfectly directed at him. I love it. One of the talks mentioned that you dont have to go to the Sacred Grove to gain a testimony and I was thinking "it sure blasted helps... and if just walking through it and praying doesn't do it... try singing hymns with 26 other pre missionary boys". I cherish the rare and unique opportunity to live at the foot of the Hill Cumorah. This week we found a new investigator in Dereham named Charlie. She is around 30, single and so golden. We went to her home and taught her with our Bishop. The lesson was by far the best lesson we have had. She understood so well and was very excited to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. She told us... I'll repeat... she told us that praying was the only way she would know if it was true. She wants to know and I am 100% confident that the spirit will whisper to her that the Book of Mormon is true. She also mentioned that she's always had a close close relationship with God. That he speaks to her mind and heart. She spoke of a dream she had before she met us about a man sitting on a chair reading a book. She knew the man to be Jesus Christ and he was reading this book that she didn't recognise. To her it seemed as though he was reading it to find out if it was true. She said she put herself in that situation but didn't know what the Book was. After that dream we knocked on her door and offered her a Book that was Another Testament about Jesus Christ. It gives me chills and fills me so full of thanks. She has been prepared by the Lord to meet with us and hopefully she will be willing to follow Him in faith. The bishop invited her over to his home on Saturday for dinner and a lesson. I am praying so hard she will receive an answer. Almost begging. 

Our other really solid investigator is Stella. She has a baptism date for November 20th and I'm pretty positive she will make it. She was prepared as well. She doesn't have any support in her life besides her son and the relief society is perfect for her. We went to a Hog Roast with her on friday and I mentioned to her that I had just started the Book of Mormon and that we were now in about the same place... 2 Nephi 3. Once I said that we started getting a little competitive... and saying that we were gonna read farther than each other. Since we were going to teach her the next day I issued the challenge that by our lesson tomorrow I would have read farther than her. She accepted and I read that night to about 2 Nephi 10. I was pretty confident that she was around the same area and that I wouldn't be too disgraced. BUT ohhh how I was wrong. When I asked her how far she had read... she chuckled and said... I read all of 2 Nephi and now I'm in Jacob 3!!! She SMOKED me. That was all in about 24 hours. She loves the Book of Mormon and knows it is true. She wants to be baptised and we are so excited to she her sins washed away on Nov. 20th. Then the next week to see the Holy Ghost given to her so she can have it abide in her forever. 

Baptism is a wonderful wonderful covenant that is so simple. We remember Christ and strive to Keep His Commandment and we can be forgiven and have the Holy Ghost with us always. The more I study it and ponder on baptism and the Holy Ghost, the more I want to talk to people and tell them all that can be theirs forever. AND... from the Hog Roast... Elder Young asked for the pigs head and they chopped it off and gave it to us. Elder Young carried it home and cut off all the meat and now we have so much hog and a pig skeleton in our flat. Wow. It is a great memory and I really enjoyed it. Living next to the Zone Leader is a hoot. It is now Elder Frobel and Elder Cardon and they are great. Every night we spend the hour we have after planning just talking and laughing. Elder Frobel reminds me so much of my older brother... Charles Hancock. And Elder Young continually reminds me of Elder Kearl. I love it. I feel like I'm living with my best friend. I'm so proud of andrew and his decision to serve a mission. No regrets will ever come from that decision, only blessings and a more Christlike life. 

The broadway live thingy seems amazing and so much fun. Way to go mum. You always get roped into these things and end up doing way too much. It is fun to see the fruits of   your labour though. The harder something is to accomplish, the more meaningful it is to us. As far as food is going... I love it. I'm getting into the swing of things and spending my money very wise. Eating tons of fruit... but not so much veggies. We have some great meals from Elder Young. He was a chef in a five star restaurant in London. Needless to say I don't go hungry. He decided to stew the pigs tongue and I'm scared. He made Onion Rings the other day and they were brilliant. I love that man. Too bad I always have to do the dishes :( 

I love you all so very much. The Lord is blessing us with people to teach and people that will listen. Pride is the great stumbling block in Zion. As soon as we believe we can do it. We are furthering our self from God. That is not good. I wish to remain humble... but for us krebs... that is a challenge. Much love. Cheers till next week. 

Love, Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment