Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 11, 2011

hola familia, 

I will first start by saying that this week has been the most productive and most enjoyable of my entire mission. Elder Park were working up a sweat here in the Grays area. When I first got transferred here... all the missionaries were apologizing to me and saying things like "at least you gots a Taco Bell there". I wasn't really worried about it... because I don't really believe in bad areas. It is all up to our faith and hard work. Any area will yield fruit because Christ wants His children to come closer to Him. If Elder Park and I are being obedient and working hard... we will have success. I will testify that is true, because it is happening right now. This area is doing fantastic! I am day by day being blown away by the success we are having. I'm even more blown away by how tired I am every night that I go to sleep. Our investigators are keeping our invitations and they are feeling o espirito santo. (I am trying to continue to learn Portuguese... but It is not really working very well.) We have three portuguese recent converts... all who speak little english. I speak really good half english and half Portuguese. If I am speaking and a word comes up that I know... I'll say it in Portuguese... but if not... it is back to english. They laugh at me... but understand... so it's tudo bon. I love and care bucket loads for our investigators and recent converts. More than I ever have in my mission. It is obvious... but the more I love them... the more I'm willing to help them and do everything I can to allow the Holy Ghost to work in their life. It is great... praying for love really works. The other day... I prayed for love... and immediately I had an increase of love for all of them. God is great. 
Let me give an overview of our current investigators: 

  • Hayleigh and Teresa- They are miracles. Were looking for a church that was right for them. Talked with missionaries... felt a strong push to go to church. They came and thoroughly enjoyed every second... and have been the following two weeks following. Hayleigh is young... about 19. She loves to clean and reminds me of Laura. She is stuck... the Holy Ghost has changed her heart and she is intent on being bbaptizedon the 31st of July. Teresa is her mother... she has more concerns. She has mentioned that she has been hurt in the past... and has trust concerns. She thinks the 31st of July is too soon. Her mother doesn't agree with the "Mormon" church because she has no idea what it is, and won't listen to a thing about it. Other than that... they completely agree with the Word of Wisdom and do not drink tea or coffee. WAA! That is definitely a miracle. Everyone here drinks tea. It is like water. They are great... very english. Very open... we see them about twice a week and we love going to see them. Today is P-day... but we are going to see them in a little bit. Elder Park wasn't very happy about it... but it was the only time they could do it. Too bad for him. They were able to come to a members house yesterday and they loved it. Investigators in Members homes is like a home run! One of the best ways for them to realize we are normal... plus the members become attached to the investigators and help us loads more. Hayleighand Teresa are brilliant. We have high hopes for them 
  • Manchu- She is basically already a member of the Ward. She has been coming for the past six months. When we moved into the area... we asked if we could meet with her during Relief Society. During the meeting... we helped her see the importance of baptism and set up to see her twice a week! It was a blessing from my Pai Celestial. She has made HUGE progression and we are stoaked about her. She is engaged to a member and has a baptismal date for the 24th of July. The only concern she has now is they we teach her all the material before her baptism. When we first started teaching her... she didn't know really who Jesus Christ was and how he could help. Yesterday we asked her... Do you believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, your Saviour, and your Redeemer? Without hesitation she answered yes! SCore!! Even the appointment before... she was hesitating and saying she might know when she is babaptizedWe knew she had to know before... and now she does. I know the Spirit has touched her heart. We love the Holy Ghost. 
  • Gloria- She is from Tanzania... and has three beautiful children. Her daughter is four and is the cutest thing ever. I had the great opportunity to sit next to her in Sacrament Meeting and play games and read books. (I'm sure the High Councillor said some great things, hehe) We met her in town center and she said she was looking for a church with a Sunday School for her children. Next thing she knew... we were in her house inviting her to be bapbaptized love letting people know exactly why we are there... we want them to be bapbaptizedcause they will feel the greatest joy and guidance in their life as a result. Boom baby! That is why I am here... to help people find joy by bringing their lives in closer harmony with our Saviours. She actually has problems with baptism because it would be her second time. We quite boldly told her the reason we asked... was because of the importance of authority. She is Lutheran and was bapbaptizedere. She is going to pray about baptism. Gloria is the epitome of humility. She loves her children and spends all her time watching after them. She told us that she is beginning to think that Martin Luther got it wrong and Joseph Smith got it right. She told us she agrees with every thing we have taught her and loves church... the only hold up is authority and being bapbaptizedgain". I love her... and her spirit is amazing. The Holy Ghost will whisper to her that this is the truth and to be bapbaptized know it. If not today... tomorrow. God is looking after her and all our investigators. Don't tell... but she is my favourite right now. 
  • God be thanked for these brilliant investigators and all the help he is giving us in caring after them. My prayers are ones of complete gratitude and love. We feel greatly blessed. 
My companion is progressing so quickly. It is great to have him as a companion and friend. In a spiritual thought yesterday with Hayleigh and Teresa and the Member familia, he told them he loved me. THen very very quickly and with loads of embarrassment said... no no... I like you. It is great to know how he truly feels about me. He is still afraid of dogs and it is constant source of joy for me. On Saturday... we were tracting Dell Road. We knocked on a door and a dog started barking super loud and then ran like a bullet into the door making quite a scary noise. Elder Park RAN to the other side of the fence. I am chuckling to myself and he says "Elder... not funny. I almost took a pee to my trousers". Of COURSE this only made me laugh harder. The next ten mins was taken to explain peeing in your trouser and not taking a pee to you trousers. He has great faith and a testimony as strong as a rock. We are tearing it up hurr in grays boi! The ward better be ready for all these recent converts :) 


I love you all very very much!! 

Chow chow... 

Love, 
Elder Krebs

P.s. Elder Park loves KFC and we are going there now. I also stopped a man in town center with a Hook :) Proper legit I am. 
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment