Friday, July 27, 2012

July 25, 2012

Dear Familia! Oh so sorry that I didn't email on Monday. Things have been very busy. On Monday we had an exchange with the Assistants and it complicated everything. I was planning on emailing on the Monday evening... but we arrived home late. And the next day I was with Elder Cena (a missionary from my group) and I wanted to be a good little boy so I didn't email with him here. But my son instincts kicked in and I decided to email my mother. You did give me birth. I owe you one. Oh... and you raised me for 18 years. Even though it took my mission to learn how to make my bed. We spent the day in London on Monday and it was just great! I will thoroughly miss London. Even though every time I go... by the end of the day I hate it. It is disgustingly busy. Especially right now. It is hot and you are pushed up against people that you don't even think about talking to. But it makes it easier to make friends. And you can tell if you need to teach the Word of Wisdom or not... because your basically touching noses. Oh but I love it. So busy. Everything you could ever need in London. Which is good... but for missionaries can be very distracting. I am grateful to be finishing my mission in Ashford. It helps keep me focused... because there just ain't much here. Except for Jojo. Oh jojo. She scared us... thus the reason why I didn't talk about her last week. We didn't see her the whole week. She hosed appointments and wouldn't answer our phone calls. And she has three phones... and we know all three numbers. We had a District Meeting on Thursday and we talked about Jojo, and if we should keep contacting her or just let her slip. They gave us some ideas... and we went on our merry way. One idea was that we just ran into her in town centre. So we prayed for it... and it happened. I was calling someone and these three little girls were waving their hands at me... so I had Elder Vitorio go and talk to Jojo and he set up an appointment for the same night at 5:00. We went by and she was all about still getting baptised on the 28th of July... so in the past 2 days we have taught her Word of Wisdom, Tithing, Sabbath Day and Follow the Prophet. Today we are going over the Baptismal Interview and tomorrow will be her interview. Then on Saturday will be the baptism! How exciting!! I really like her. She is very keen on baptism and very intelligent. She understands what we are trying to do and how we can help her. I am so grateful to have been a part of her teaching process. Recently I've heard about 2 people that have been baptised that I taught in previous areas! That is always so exciting to hear and be a part of... I love this work. Our Mission President is great and I am grateful that he is here. Things are going to change here in the England London Mission. Too bad I will not be here to witness it all. I have a strong testimony of Joseph Smith. He is a man... a mortal, imperfect man. He had weaknesses, he made mistakes... but he was called by God. Our testimonies are based on the Book of Mormon. A testimony that God is continuing to speak to His Children today... and now... and will always speak. God is our Father... and we are made in His image. He wants us to learn and grow. That is why we have challenges and trials. But he loves us... nothing can separate us from that love. "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." It is infinite and eternal. It is expressed through His Son, Jesus Christ. We have all fallen, but can rise again, just like the sun... everyday. I love you all... have a beautiful sunny day. Love, Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment