Monday, May 23, 2011

May 16, 2011

Ello, 


How grateful I am for such a wonderful family. You give me much needed support and love, thank you for that. Right now I am sitting underneath the South Kensington Tube Station emailing :) We can hear the tube rolling on by every two minuets. For P-day today we had a great Zone Meeting where we really felt the spirit. I absolutely love feeling the spirit. I can tell quite clearly now when the spirit is there and when it is missing. When it is gone... nothing we say is heard or meaningful. It will change peoples hearts. When people tell me they will never be baptized... I just laugh and say "well just wait till you come to church and feel the spirit". It is the best drug in the world, because it doesn't have any negative side effects. Just pure joy and happiness. I am hoping and praying that President will keep me in Hyde Park for another three months so I can continue to learn Portuguese. I am not speaking it all the time, but I ask my companion questions all the time. We are working in Hyde Park Ward half the time and the South Kensington Branch half the time. 

On Sunday I was able to bear my testimony in Portuguese. I wrote it down and felt really good about it. I just hope people felt the Spirit. I think the ward liked it. Afterwards, most of them thought I understood Portuguese, but then I looked at them with a big smile and said "no falo portuguese, esto aprendendo portuguese". Being able to learn another language on my mission would be a wonderful blessing. I want to learn very very much and now I will have the opportunity. I need to take it by the horns. This past week was an exciting but sad one at the same time. Hoshar made some great improvements, and is really excited about being baptized. Now he has moved into the ward to the East :( but he will really enjoy it there and be a great plus to the White Chapel Ward. The way that the Holy Ghost has impacted him is brilliant. He told us he would do anything to have the Holy Ghost with him always. We said... just be baptized :) Have your sins washed away and we will give it to you for free :) He says he has never tasted something this good. It is like a sweet nectar that he's been searching for. We have him hooked. And we are not going to let go. 

I keep thinking of things to say and the only thing that enters my mind is the power of the Spirit. I can feel it now as I just think about it. It comes so strongly now, and it enters every part of my body. It makes me want to do only good and help other continually. Sou grato pelo es spirito santo. I was striving so hard to have it for myself and now it switched to doing everything and anything to help my investigators feel it. I love having a lesson where it is undeniable that a member of the Godhead is present. Nothing brings a joy greater than knowing your investigator has felt a peace that is everlasting. I feel as though I am now beating a dead horse... but I really want you to understand how this is changing my life. My attitude, actions and desires are being directed and altered. I am letting the Holy Ghost take over and telling the natural man to take a hike. How grateful for being a missionary and having struggles and tribulations that force me to turn to the Lord in continual communication. I ain't a humble man, but the Lord is finding ways to humble me. When I think I gots it right, he shows me I ain't know where close. 

I am just going to work hard and let the Holy Ghost do the finding and the teaching. Feeding it all the time with scriptures and prayers of gratitude. I know that God gives us the things that we ask for, we miss so many blessing because we don't ask. Fall on your knees and tell your Pai Celestial the things you most need, and the deepest desires of your heart. He is listening. And He WILL answer. I know it. I love this church and the Gospel. I am glad you got to see a picture of me at the Simmons house, they are a great family. We love the American families here, they know how to do things right. God be thanked for Jesus Christ and His blessings. I love and miss you all very much. Ta ta till next week. 

Love, 
Elder Krebs

P.s. Baruch, my Jerusalem friend went to the father and son camp out. It was his first time camping and he was awestruck when he realized they were sleeping outside and not in a building :) We love Baruch and the continualhumour he brings us. Plus his testimony is one of pure power and heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment