Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011

Good afternoon Familia, 

It has been quite a roller coaster week :) My emotions have been all over the place. I have been thinking more than I've ever thought before in my life. I am learning things about myself. It is quite a humbling experience when you ask the Lord to show you your weaknesses because he didn't hold back. He has given me the exact experiences and trials to show me what I need to work on and what I can improve on. Needless to say, the past days have been ended by a honest communication with God asking Him to strengthen me. I hope that I can be soft clay for the Lord to mold. 


I love it out here. I love learning, I feel as though its getting me ready for the world. I get so sick when I see the news and things that remind me of the state of the world. This week during one of my prayers I was reminded to live in the world but not of the world. As a missionary that is actually quite easy, but my attitudes shouldn't reflect the world. Just because something is accepted by the world does not mean it is accepted by the Lord. I think some great evidence of that is in the Book of Ether. Everyone is being dumb and not listening to the prophets, and they try to warn them but to no avail. Now they are all dead. See what happens when we don't listen to God and His Prophets? 


I just finished the Book of Mormon and the end bit really helped me. It helped me realize that everyone has their free agency and we must respect that. Three of our investigators baptism has been pushed back indefinitely because someone else doesn't want them to be baptized. Lei's husband, Max's biological father, and Hoshar's government. They all want to be baptized but have a huge hurdle in their life to overcome. Hoshar has been making the most amazing progress ever, even though he has moved to the Ward Boundaries just east of us.  I knew that this move was for a reason and it truly has been. Hoshar fasted on Monday and then once he finished his fast with a prayer, he received two emails of acceptance from a University in Luffbourough, England. When he told us that it was us and the Elders from the White Chapel ward, and one of the missionaries is from Luffbourough. He told Hoshar all about it and told him that he would have a home there and a second family, and that there is a large Iranian community. It was a miracle. 


The Lord is an active participant in all of our lives. I am grateful for His watchful care. Hoshar has a solid date to be baptized on the 19th of July, even though he will for now never be able to go back to Iran. It is amazing to see him put his trust in the Lord. It is a strength to me, and an example. 


On the tube, we try to talk to as many people as we can. It is a great experience because you are constantly meeting people from all over the world. The other day I heard two people next to me with proper american accents (which by the way make me sick now). I asked "Where in the states are you from?", they replied... "Lexington, Kentucky". I replied me too, like it was an everyday occurrence to meet someone from my hometown of 350,000 on the tube in a international city of six million. It was really cool to talk to them and talk about home. They knew some of my great friends, including KELLY! They were on a study abroad from Transylvania University. I was thinking about it the whole day and how cool is was, and the chances of it happening, especially since no one talks to people on the tubes. It is against all the rules of London. All the posh men scoff at us. 

I love being on a mission to help people come to Jesus Christ. We might not be having loads of success now, but I'm doing what I've been sent to do and will have no regrets. At all times I am an example to my brothers and sisters. I love my family. Hope all is well. You are all in my prayers. 

Love, 
Uncle Bubby

No comments:

Post a Comment