Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 2, 2011

Hello Family!!

How good it is to be in England :) I love London and I am enjoying life to the fullest! Since every one is so interested... I did not attend the Royal Wedding. We had District Meeting. I did talk to loads of people about it! Everyone here was going crazy... well all the english people. Streets were closed for block parties and there was SOOO much alcohol. It was quite unbelievable. Alcohol is gross. (We are in a internet cafe place right now and a legit fight just broke out, with yelling, cursing, fighting and punching. I am quite scared) That was so weird. WOW! Can not believe that just happened. I guess that's what we get for emailing in earls court. 

Weellllll... now on to spiritual things! My studies this week have been brilliant. They have been good my whole mission... but I was just studying the Saviour's visit to the Americas and I learned WAY too much. My favourite verse so far was... 3 Nephi 18:24! This is just fantastic. I just love the first sentence... "Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine upon the world"! This gave me so much energy and excitement for the work of our Saviour! Hold up your light, let it shine. Let others around you know that there is something different. There is a reason why you are brighter than the rest of the world. Jesus Christ is that light and we are completely filled with it as we take the sacrament and renew our covenants! How blessed we are now to be living at a time when... we have the Book of Mormon, Temples and the Priesthood! For a very short time have these blessing and opportunities been available to God's children. I feel so honoured and it just gives me strength to keep going! 

Dad said he challenged his Sunday School class to give up one thing that is keeping them from coming closer to God. We need to give up ten things! This life is the time to work out our salvation. If we don't know what we need to work on... then we must read conference talks and the Book of Mormon. They are great ways that God can talk to us and ways that we can have our weaknesses pointed out and then through Christ strengthened. 

Lei is making great improvements and will be a great member of the Church! Yesterday we taught her about the word of wisdom and she was surprised about tea and coffee and said she will try to remember :) As my companion prayed... he asked God to bless her to remember. She then let a little outburst and said "yes"... but then she realised she wasn't supposed to talk during a prayer so she gasped and covered her mouth and whispered sorry. I almost died! It was magic. I love Lei. Please keep her in your prayers.
 
I love you all and can't wait to talk next Sunday. Have some good questions ready :)
 
Love,
BUBBY

No comments:

Post a Comment