Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 13, 2011

Como staka (tagalog),

Today is not our P-day, we are going to see The Lion King on Wednesday :) Therefore our P-day is on Wednesday. A member is taking us and we are quite excited... it does mean that we are working extra hard so we can enjoy it to the max. I believe that I'm going to enjoy the show thoroughly, even though I would like to see Wicked. You can't always get what you want. Oh bother.

What a wonderful week. I am tired and that is a wonderful thing. I wish that I could work really really hard and not be tired though. Once again, Oh bother. We have had some great great success this week and I am lovin' it. Two ladies walked into the capela on Wednesday and stayed for 5 hours. We say them on thursday, friday and one of them came to Church on Sunday! Her name is Alana and she now has a baptismal date for July the Second. Wooo hooo!! I like her and we are excited for both of them. Suzanne might take a tad longer to get prepared, but they are both very very open and humble. They walked into the church... therefore we are just going to wait in the church from now on and count it as Finding hours :) We actually were not here when they came and the office couple Elder and Sister Empey! We absolutely love them. Sister Empey reminds me of my mother, and I love coming into the office every morning for language study and saying hi to them. They were able to teach and help Alana and Suzanne. I know that the Lord is preparing people to meet us and He will guide them to us and us to them. My faith in that was strengthened this week.

My mission Highlight will be happening on Saturday the 18th at 5:00. Hoshar will be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I AM AS HAPPY AS MAN CAN BE :) :) I hadn't really heard much from him or the missionaries that were teaching him. My thought was that he was doing just fine, but I wasn't quite sure. The Elders said that his testimony was spot on and blows your socks off. The Bishop interviewed him on Sunday and said it was the highlight of his month! Hoshar just gets it... he already acts like a member and we are very excited for him to serve and be a member of the church :)

It has been a busy week and now it is the last week of the transfer :( I think I will be moving from this blessed area and I'm quite sad. My companion is a brilliant missionary and hasn't trained yet, so my bet is he will train one of the twenty four missionaries that are coming in on next Wednesday. I will go where the Lord has prepared me to go, and start getting to know the Ward all over again. I love going to different wards and getting to know the people. You always find families that you can connect to and help. There are so many people that our specific talents can be used to help. I love being able to make people laugh and smile. There is always a reason to smile.
I was recently reading in Luke chapter 14, verse ten! This one specific saying really stuck out to me and I want to briefly mention it. "But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friendgo up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee." I love this concept that the Saviour teaches us. Not to put our needs or self above others... but to say... Friend... Go Up Higher. To encourage those that we love to be better, to reach higher and to fulfill their potential as sons and daughters of our lovely Heavenly Father. I love it. I keep thinking about it time and time again. We all need someone to give us a boost... I like it better when it is my friend :)

What a wonderful blessing to receive inspiration through studies and to have the Lord guide us through our days.
I hope and pray that I can be pure, and be a tool of my Father who art in heaven :)

I will miss pageant so so so much this summer. Mother said it best though... I'm in a more important place.
 
I love my family! I wish I could hear from my siblings a tad more :) I don't have much time to write you... but maybe you have time to share your testimony and uplift me :) I'm becoming more cheeky the more I'm in London. uh oh.
 
Love you,
Elder Krebs 

No comments:

Post a Comment