Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 6, 2011

Ello chaps,

Here I am sitting in a £1 Internet cafe, across from the Earl's Court Tube stop. I am constantly reminded that I am proper blessed here in the England London Mission. I think that I have already spent my whole mission fund, and now I am using other peoples :) The law of consecration is a beautiful thing when it works in your favour. Yesterday we went and ate at a members home and we shared a wonderful spiritual thought where I was able to receive revelation during the thought. Now I want to share it with you. Please.

We shared one of my favourite scriptures, 2 Nephi 2:6-8... "Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth. Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered." I think the first verse is brilliant... "Redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah"! That simplifies everything. If we give the Lord a broken heart and contrite spirit, we will be redeemed. How simple... how amazing! We are the luckiest children ever... God loved us so much... he sent his only blood Son. Jesus Christ makes the entire Plan of Happiness work. He is the complete life blood, because he spilt His blood for us. I was getting bogged down in my mission because I didn't know how to help these people. I didn't know the best way, and I knew I couldn't help them. This scripture testified to me so strong that it basically screamed at me that I can't do anything but GUIDE them to Jesus Christ. Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Jesus Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through FAITH in Jesus Christ... and His Atonement. The scripture mentioned above helped me to have the faith in our Saviour. Now I knew that Jesus Christ can help everyone, but the scripture renewed my faith. The preparation today will not be sufficient for the challenges of tomorrow. “True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior.” Boyd K. Packer

As I have revamped my studies, I can see my faith increase and my understanding of the Gospel enlighten my life and help others. So here I am now... realizing that I cannot help these people except point them in the right direction towards a Holy Messiah who is full of grace and truth. The best I can... I need to share with them the they can receive redemption through a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And what is the best way for our investigators to do that? BAPTISM! At baptism they will feel the complete power of the atonement. They will see and feel the greatest joy in their lives... and will be happy. Happy? Ah... that elusive and simple but complex word. I know happiness comes when we believe and have a hope in Jesus Christ, and follow Him. Therefore... no matter what happens... no matter what challenge we have... we will have faith in the One who is Mighty to Save. This message will help everyone... it will help them all to find redemption through Christ. My job is to point them all to Christ. I feel like I'm sitting in a Chair and everyone is flying sideways/backwards/upside down towards me... and I have to as quick as I can point them in the right direction and give them a huge shove. I am nothing... but what I can be is a vessel for the Lord to reach His children. Therefore... I need to be clean and pure.

So all this, was relayed from the Lord to me in about 2.2 seconds last night at the dinner appointment. It was something I obviously believed and knew... but now it is a knowledge and a goal. I will be the best vessel I can be, I will do anything necessary to help these children of God. I love them, and they need to know they have a Heavenly Father that loves them. I will be their guide, and I will show them that "Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah". Verse 8 then reads... "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth". That is what we all need to do. Tell everyone in the world. I echo Alma"O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" I am the luckiest soul in the world to do this full time. Please help and support your missionaries. They need your help.
 
I love you all.
 
Love,
Bubs
 
P.s. This week was great! I am the happiest, and love this perfect plan. 
-- 
Elder John William Krebs
England London Mission
64-68 Princes Gate
Exhibition Road
London, SW7 2PA

No comments:

Post a Comment