Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 14, 2011

Hiya Fam,
This week has been a normal missionary week. I worked in Basildon on an exchange from Monday to Wednesday and I drove the car there. Driving is so so wonderful when you have been walking for the past year. The car is a manual car and so I learned to drive a stick. It is one of the life skills that I feel I should have, and therefore I feel more accomplished now. There are some great recent converts in Basildon. A young mother with three children has absolutely changed her life and become converted completely to the Gospel.
In our District... we have begun each day to write down one flake of gold... one miracle that the Lord has done for that day. It is great to have experiences... and then have Elder Paul turn to me and say... that was my flake of Gold.
We are teaching many lessons... and it can be hard. We teach and feel the Spirit with so many people. But then they do not read... or pray... or come to church. It is frustrating that people have their agency. I know this message will help people... but they have to put forth some effort. We cannot do everything. Just as we cannot expect our Heavenly Father to perform miracles in our life unless we are following him. How can a car mechanic fix a car when we won't bring it to the shop. We cannot have people feel the inexpressible joy of the gospel if they will not read and pray.
This week will be the baptism of John Okorie. He is from Nigeria and is the greatest man. He was just married to a Recent Convert named Eva Friday. They will be a great asset to the Ward to help it become more multicultural. We have taught him really quick... but he will be interviewed on Wednesday and Baptised on Saturday. I love baptisms. What a great way for people to feel the power of the Atonement. To have all their sins washed away. To feel the grace and love of Christ. To be clean enough to be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost.

This gospel is perfect. I love sharing it with everyone.
I want to be a missionary forever.

People need this message. I know it.

I love you all.

More than Freddo's (little chocolate frogs)

Love,
Elder Krebs

p.s. sorry so short. busy P-days. Next week will be a great email. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment