Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 7, 2011

How wonderful life is,

I love my family and love hearing updates from you and how you are doing. It is interesting that I hardly ever think about back home, yet there are so many things going on. Every thing continues to move... sometime I think it has all stopped. But no. That is not right. I am feeling much better this week... I would say about 95%. Elder Paul has been great. I was only stuck in the flat for the one Sunday night, and this week we busted our bums. We worked hard... and had a hard week. It was a week where I was humbled and spent a lot of time self reflecting on how I can improve. I forget quite often that Elder Paul is a new missionary. He is brilliant. Ready to work. Ready to receive the impressions of the Holy Ghost and follow.

We have been teaching Abana, Felicity and Adwoa for about 3 months now. They have been progressing, but a lot of things have been getting in the way. The Lord has helped us all over come these challenges and now they are ready and prepared to enter the waters of baptism. We hope and pray for them nightly to act on the spirit they have felt. I know that the Spirit is in our appointments... and now I want to make sure that it is the Senior Companion. I want to teach by the Spirit, as we learned in conference. This week a number of people that we have been teaching of have recently found decided not to continue learning, or have not been keeping commitments. I want to be able to know that I did my very very best in helping them feel the spirit... so I do not feel guilty. I just want to be a perfectly clean vessel for the Spirit to flow through.

Last night... we were teaching a family from Nigeria. It was the first appointment and we were excited. The kids were gathered round and the father was ready. We began to teach them about how the original Authority of Christ was lost but restored to the earth. Therefore... membership in the church that holds and distributes that authority is necessary. We bore great testimonies and the Father asked question like... How do I know which church is true?
At the end... the 9 year old son raised his hand and said he had a question... He asked " Is this really the Lord's Church?

Of course it is!!! It has the correct Authority! I love the Spirit. At the end of the lesson... we sang "I am a Child of God" and then the Father offered a beautiful prayer. We try our best every single appointment to teach and do every thing we can by the Spirit... so they can feel and be converted. I know that what we are doing brings joy into peoples lives. Any pastor can make a bad person, good. But only we can promise people eternal life. Only we have the true authority from God. We teach people not only to believe of accept Jesus Christ... but how to use and apply His great sacrifice of Love. That is why we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ... to teach people how to accept and follow Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Light, no man cometh unto the Father, but by Him. That is true... what we have is precious and pure.

I love you all and am grateful for your sacrifice to the Gospel. The more we use and apply the Atonment into our lives, the more joy we will have.

Love,
Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment