Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 9, 2012

Today was a busy day. I have a love/hate relationship with the city of London. I don't like being there for too long. It gets you down. We arrived about 10:00 in the morning. Elder Cameron bought a new suit to go home. He looks quite posh. Nice and slim fit... black... simple... with a bit of shine. He will dazzle the ladies. He watched The Lion King with about 14 other missionaries. They loved it. I can't believe it was a year ago that I watched it. Absolutely crazy. Yesterday... I talked to soo many people that just didn't like the Book of Mormon. One person randomly called and started off the conversation like this... "I read the Book of Mormon and I can't find anything that has to do with the Bible" I thought for a moment... then responded "Have your found anything to do with Jesus Christ?" He quickly answered. "Of course I have... the whole book is about Him."! I didn't even attempt to connect it anymore for him. I don't know how he got our phone number... but he wasn't interested in learning anything more about the Book of Mormon. I think it frustrated him that I was from America. Most people don't like that. The four people I talked to... all were too stubborn to even attempt to read and pray. They all four cited physical evidence to support their belief in God and the Bible. I strongly dislike physical evidence. The physical is deceiving, temporary and cunning. The spiritual last forever and cannot be copied, altered, or faked. I know God is real. I know He will always answer us. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. The only reason I will ever give to anyone for that... is that God has shown me by His spirit. God and Christ are separate beings... with exactly the same purpose. If we see Christ... we have seen the Father. Just as a Father wants everything and more for His children... so does our Father which art in Heaven. Life is here for us. We are to take it and learn from it. This is only the beginning. I love you all. Talk to you soon! Love, Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment