Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26, 2012

Hi mum, I am in Canterbury right now. Sitting next to my son... Elder Paul. He says Hi! He isn't technically my son because he was trained for the first 3 weeks by two zone leaders... and then he came to me for the next nine weeks. I feel as though I still had the greater impact on him. He is mine. My son... ain't nobody going to take him away from papa. We had transfers yesterday... and I am staying in Ashford with Elder Vitorio! It is weird to know my final destiny. Well not really my final d... because I'm coming home for the family Olympics. At this point... I just want to work. As I work... I will forget everything and it will all be just dandy. We had a week full of miracles. Jojo, who I talked about last week is progressing very fast. She is very smart and wants to understand everything at once. Her three little girls are full of energy and love trying to get our attention. They all three came to Church and loved it so much. The three girls all enjoyed Primary and Jojo was right at home in Relief Society. She related the Prodigal son story for the class and got it perfect. Or so I heard. I don't often sneak into RS... but I can't say I haven't. After church she informed us that the ward was having a temple trip on Saturday and that she needs four seats reserved. She doesn't even know what the temple is or what it looks like... she just wants to soak everything in. This is good for missionaries... but we have to be careful with how much she gets... because sometimes when you eat the whole cake in excitement... or in my case... 8 bags of sour skittles... you feel sick afterwards and regret it. She is spot on and really genuine and transparent. She tells you how it is and what she likes... she likes... and what she doesn't like... she doesn't. I really like her. She accepted the date of the 28th of July for baptism. We can hardly wait... and I will be here for it. I am oh so very excited. She slightly reminds me of another of the recent converts that I worked with in Grays. I feel so blessed to be a part of this great work. Who Am I? Who Am I to deserve all the things that the Lord has and is giving me. The new mission President is coming this week. That is proper weird to me. He is just deserting me... ahhhh. But the new mission president looks like a great guy to me. But who knows... we thought Elder Pike was 6'4''. I love you all. I miss you all. I really do. I forget about you sometimes... but it is always a big reality check to come back to think about you. See you in December! Love, Elder Krebs Two quotes of the week. Both from spectacular talks that really helped me in my progression and understanding of things. "The miracle of the Atonement is not just that we can go home but that—miraculously—we can feel at home there. If Christ did not require faith and repentance, then there would be no desire to change. Think of your friends and family members who have chosen to live without faith and without repentance. They don’t want to change. They are not trying to abandon sin and become comfortable with God. Rather, they are trying to abandon God and become comfortable with sin. If Jesus did not require covenants and bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost, then there would be no way to change. We would be left forever with only willpower, with no access to His power. If Jesus did not require endurance to the end, then there would be no internalization of those changes over time. They would forever be surface and cosmetic rather than sinking inside us and becoming part of us—part of who we are." "His Grace is Sufficent" by Brad Wilcox "You are called to represent the Savior. Your voice to testify becomes the same as His voice, your hands to lift the same as His hands. His work is to bless His Father’s spirit children with the opportunity to choose eternal life. So, your calling is to bless lives. That will be true even in the most ordinary tasks you are assigned and in moments when you might be doing something not apparently connected to your call. Just the way you smile or the way you offer to help someone can build their faith. And should you forget who you are, just the way you speak and the way you behave can destroy faith." "Rise to Your Call" by Henry B. Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment