Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 14, 2011

Hiya familia,

Oi! How grateful I am to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! This job is wonderful. We have been having so much success lately and it makes me want to jump up and down and scream from the rooftops. We can ALLLLL live with God through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the simplest thing. We teach that God has a perfect plan, Jesus Christ is central to that plan, and we are living proof of the need of that plan. WE are STUCK with of our Saviour. Straight up stuck. Physically and Spiritually. We are damned, we can not progress without Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!!  I am singing and clapping my hands right now. Stomping me feet!! I feel a tad Pentecostal right now... but that is okay because there are instances of this in the Book of Mormon. For example... "O blessed Jesus, who has saved me from an awful hell! O blessed God, have mercy on this people! And when she had said this, she clasped her hands, being filled with joy, speaking many words which were not understood; and when she had done this, she took the king, Lamoni, by the hand, and behold he arose and stood upon his feet." Alma 19:29-30. The Queen was feeling it.

Well right now is Monday! Valentines day... woopie! For some reason... It is not as exciting being a missionary on Valentines Day. But... we went to a restaurant called Slug and Lettuce and it was very very good! When I say we I mean, 6 Elders and 2 Sisters. We usually have a group together on P-days. Now we are at the Chapel playing sports and taking turns writing emails. I enjoy writing letters here a lot more than I do at the Library. I don't feel as if everyone is breathing down my back. We had an appointment with a lady named Diane today as well. She is brilliant. She has been looking for a Church all her life. She has tried tons and knows Christianity is the way... but no Church fits her needs. The message we have shared with her seems to fit perfectly and it builds my faith that the Lord is preparing his children to hear and heed the message of Jesus Christ. It makes me smile.

We had a Zone Conference this past week and it was fantastic! I love Zone Conferences. President talked specifically about the fact that the Spirit of God is being poured out upon all creatures. He referred us to the Scripture in Jeremiah that says "Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks." We are hunting in the England London Mission. Hunting. We have to go to every mountain, hill and rock. And that is exactly what I am willing to do it if the Lord promises me that  "If it so be that you should labor all your days Elder Krebs in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" I'm not going to stop at the mountain, hill and rock. What about the insides of trees? And the people that live underground on the Tube? And the really anciently old people stuck in their one story bungalows? And Harry Potter at platform 9 and 3/4! I want to share this message with them. They need to hear it! I want to be a professional hunter! With perfect aim, and I want to follow every single last stinking prompting that I get because they are what lead me to the elect! "For mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts" The Lord will lead us to them if we listen, and then courageously follow. It works the same exact way for you. The Lord will tell you what friends to drop hits to, and "it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say" to spark a gospel discussion in which you can testify to themthat the Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth.

Jackie Southon was baptised on February the 12th :) It was wonderful. It all went very smoothly and we even had another investigator named Andrew there. Jackie was very ready to be baptised. She was very very excited and so was I. I got ahead of myself in the baptismal ordinance that I forgot to say he name... I just went straight into ... Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ. Oops. I got it right the second time and all was well :) She is going to be a great member. Her husband was there and was looking smart. He is a really goofy guy. I really like him, and I think it will only be a matter of time before he is baptised. The part that was most special to me was right before the baptismal service started... Jackie, Elder Rallison and I were standing in front of the font talking about some logistics. We finished and then I asked Jackie to say a prayer for us... and she blew me away. It was the most heart felt prayer I have ever heard. She personally committed herself to constantly improve and be a witness of God at all time and in all places. The spirit was there, and no one could ever deny that. I have a pure love for Jackie Southon. I knocked on her door, taught her all the way through and had the sweet opportunity to be asked to perform the ordinance. I will cherish these memories forever.

I cannot believe that the transfer is a week from being gone. Where on earth did it go?? I am already getting worried that my mission is going to fast. I want it to slow down and last. I need it to last. I have been made very aware of the many many many faults that I have! Oh so aware. I get so frustrated with myself. I know what I want to be. My spirit indeed is willing, but my stupid flesh is weak weak weak! I want to be stronger. I need to be stronger. To master myself. To be more self disciplined.

I have received tons of post :) A package from mum, and things from Tambam and Lala. My companion absolutely loved your card Laura. He is a very very big hick from Idaho. One of our inside jokes now is... "Hey, can I bard that Book of Mormon from you?". It was perfect, I shant forget my roots. Back in the Bluegrass state. I miss my family and my friends. I am grateful for all the post I get from the family, friends and from Big Emma. She is kicking every ones butt. Woot woot, ten points for her. Thank you for your support. Remember... its not the years in your life that counts, but the life in your years :)
 
Love,
Elder Krebs
 
P.s. hey sister Krebs its elder Peterson i just want you to know that your son is amazing i look up to him so much he is the best i love him. well ill stop writing now but he is an amazing elder you should be proud of him.  -From Elder Peterson, one of my Zone Leaders. (He doesn't like using commas)-

No comments:

Post a Comment