Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 22, 2011

Oh blessed family,

I do not know where to begin. I honestly do not. So many wonderful things have happened in the last 48 hours. I can hardly keep from exploding. First off, I was pretty sure I was getting transferred since I had been here for six months. Therefore it was my last week in Dereham which was hard because I love Dereham very very much. It is a blessed place. After church we went and ate at our Ward Mission Leaders house :) He is one of the greatest men I know. I love that man. That night I went and visited Cara and Tasmin for the last time :( I was just planning on popping by for a little while and teaching a principle. That did not happen. Why you ask? Because I walked in and they threw me a Birthday Party. I was blown away. Their parents are not member and they threw me a party. They had tons of food and a cake. I was so happy. So very very happy. I felt so flattered. They gave me a cake with 20 candles on it and I told them it was too many. I only need 16. I don't wanna grow up. They gave me a birthday card from the family, which they had all signed. AND a birthday card from the ward which was signed by the whole Dereham Ward! They also said that they have a birthday present for me but it wasn't there yet and so we are going by today to pick it up. The best part is that their father smokes... and therefore I told him he could light his fag with my birthday candles :) He also told us that if you place ginger root up a horses rear end... they run twice as fast. His language was much more colourful though. They ought to try that at Keeneland. Needless to say... he provides us with more than enough entertainment. The next day was Monday... but not our P-day. 

We had District Meeting in the morning at Gorelston and had appointments with Jackie and Joshua afterwards. Jackie was great! She is going to be a very strong assest to the Norwich Ward. She gave me a card as well and it was very nice. I will miss her. She is the epitome of Norfolk. Very english. That night we went to Billy and Claire Baldock!! I love this couple. This is where Elder Young and I spent Christmas. We had a great time there as well... She cooked us a great curry with brownies for our pudding. Afterwards Billy brought down a pair of really nice brown shoes that he doesn't wear anymore that fit me perfectly and he gave them to me for my Birthday. Its funny because I have almost bought brown shoes like nine times... but I never do :) This is a family that I will come back and visit when I come back to England. They have been so great to me. Well... that night we had moves calls! I was very very nervous. BUT!!! Now I am more excited than all get out. I get to serve in the smack dab middle of London. My area is called Hyde Park... and my companion is Elder Avynesium. I don't think I spelled it right... but I know him. He is from Armenia and is spot on. He was in my District during my first transfer. My zone in Hyde Park includes my old Zone Leader Elder Frobel AND my best friend from the MTC... Elder Mosalakae from South Africa! I am so happy!! You have no no no idea. I get to spend all Monday with him for Zone P-Day. Plus I know Elder A is a very hard worker... therefore we are going to dominate. The only potential downside is that we live with the Assistants. Presidebt knows he needs to keep a watchful eye out on me. I am actually really really excited for it. I really like the Assistants right now. They are amazing guys. Since the flat is in the middle of London... it is the second most expensive missionary flat in the world. I am kinda scared I might ruin it or something.

 I feel so incredible blessed right now. I will miss Norwich... our district right now is perfect. I love them all. Oh goodness gracious. I don't even know what to think right now. Absolutely everything in my life is about to change. I am going to the farthest away from the mission home to the closest to the mission home. I need to start packing. We are driving in tomorrow at 5:00am because we will hit rush hour. Thank you so much for my birthday wishes. I am grateful for my family and friends and I love them. A big thanks to mum for birthing me. Sorry this email wasn't very churchy... I'll share a spiritual highlight from my week. I have realised how much we do not depend on God in the 21st Century. We have food, homes, and clothes. We have other things that fill our time. Telly, Work, and School. We think we can do many things by ourselves and we even enjoy being able to have no ones help on certain things. BUT!! We can do nothing of our own power... every breath we take is a gift. Every choice we make is a opportunity. "And now, in thefirst place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him. And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?" Mosiah 2:23-24. We can not do anything in our own power. We should be dependent upon our Heavenly Father. As we are depedent upon Him... He can bless us. Only after we act... can we receive blessing.
 
I love my Heavenly Father and am willing to serve Him with all mine heart, might, mind and strength.
 
Love,
Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment