Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 21, 2011

HI mum,

I was thinking about how much I miss my mother this week. I miss puttin' the dishes in the dishwasher as you washed them. I miss when it was passed 11:00 and you would start being really funny. I miss getting back scratches. I miss serving you while you had your cast on, and I love that you got a purple cast :) I have the best momma in the world and I hope I can marry someone that emulates you.

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN FANTASTIC!! We have been able to work double as hard since there are three of us. We went on permanent splits with a member from Jerusalem named Baruch. He isn't working at the moment and he is a Recent Convert... and he loves doing missionary work with us. He is also the one that takes us on tours of London for P-day. I love him! He is just a funny guy. He has a house in Jerusalem that he said I can stay at anytime :) it has a spa in the back that you can go and get massages when ever you want. Maybe I'll go study at BYU Jerusalem and live there. Therefore this week we had accounted 40 hours of street contacting (Baruch calls it Outreach) and 17 lessons taught! I love being able to see people progress at a faster pace now that we have more man power. This work is happening! God is putting us in peoples paths so that we can reach out to them and invite them to the path that provides everlasting joy and never ending happiness with God. How wonderful will that be? Unlimited progression with God. One thing is for certain though. I would not be in Heaven if my family wasn't there. 

Daddy wrote me a email talking about how family is a part of God's plan and that is truer that true. "God has established families to bring happiness to His children, allow them to learn correct principles in a loving atmosphere, and prepare them for eternal life.The home is the best place to teach, learn, and apply principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ. A home established on gospel principles will be a place of refuge and safety. It will be a place where the Spirit of the Lord can abide, blessing family members with peace, joy,and happiness." This is what PMG says and I love it. The home is the best place to teach, learn, and apply gospel principles. I feel so blessed to have been brought up in a family that showed me love and care and taught me the way to be happy. To give me a place of refuge and safety. I love family. People often have broken families. And that is what is wonderfully about having a knowledge of God and His true nature as our Father. Everyone has a wonderful family that they are a part of and they have parents that care about them. Our Heavenly Father and Mother are working as hard as they can to help us achieve immortality and eternal life. We have brothers and sisters all around us. If we understand that... if we truly understand that then we will want to help all that stand in need of any help. And if we truly truly understand that they are our brothers and sisters... then we will see that if they do not receive the gospel now... then they will be lost. We will have a desire to reach out to them and share this perfect message with them. It can only help them. They are our siblings. They need this message now and forever. I would invite you to spend sometime to study our relationship with God and understand more how everyone that comes to earth is our sibling. And that will increase your desire to do missionary work. Missionary work is a work that need to be done now. We can not wait. We have a responsibility to invite others to listen to a living Prophets voice and read of ancient Prophets. Let us all press on. There is an urgency in this work, we must work harder and smarter :)

Lets seeeee hereeee! The picture attached is of our treo :) I love these two Elders. They make me laugh all the time and they work very hard as well. Play hard. Work hard. I am struggling very hard to be more reliant on my Heavenly Father for guidance and help. The ward is putting on a Broadway musical thingy and they want me to sing, but I don't think i'm going to do that. I am going to do the sound and lights for them instead. I was up on a ladder the other day working on some 19's and switching films and focusing lights! It is great fun.
Our investigators are great. I'll share more about them next week because we have found some great ones and we are really excited for their progression.
I love you very very much and I hope all is well in America.
I wish I could be in Palmyra with you looking at the stars by the sacred grove.
 
Love,
John
 
-- 
Elder John William Krebs
England London Mission
64-68 Princes Gate
Exhibition Road
London, SW7 2PA
07800614405

No comments:

Post a Comment