Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 7, 2011

Herro,

It is a surprisingly sun shinny day in London!! I love it :) I have attached you a picture of my flat here in South Kensington. How wonderfully blessed I am to be in such a nice place. I feel that I am learning so much about myself right now. I have been really concentrating on making myself a better missionary. I have noticed some fantastically huge weaknesses in my life and I need to improve them. I have had so many great experiences that I don't know where to start. I find that as I teach people... new knowledge comes into my heart and mind. The other day we were talking to a recent convert who has been fading away. She has problems with depression and doesn't believe that God would let her experience so much pain and suffering. I have always known that it is for our benefit and learning... but I still found it hard to believe that some people suffer so much more than others. I felt in my life that I have hardly suffered at all. I've always had what I wanted in life. I think that most suffering came under the tyrannical reign of King Charles growing up. I have scars to prove it. That and when mum and dad wouldn't let me get the Lebron James II shoes that I had to have ;) 

Back to the serious side though... We all suffer different amounts... and through suffering we grow. That I always knew... but I had never made the connection of the Atonement to that as well. That God lets us suffer... BUT he provided a way through all that suffering. He gave us a perfect plan! We may suffer more than anyone of the earth right now... but Jesus Christ was the great and last Sacrifice. He suffered all sin and death for us. Not for His sin, for he had none. For you and me. Everything in this life... rests on the Atonement. It is real. We should all fully take advantage of it. If you aren't... then you are full of pride. We must know that our life rests on Jesus Christ's sacrifice. And we must use it to become clean. When we do that... we can live with God.

This week has been great. I burned my hand on the hob... and that was a bummer. Oops. It wasn't that bad... but its still blistering. It was Elder Frobel's fault. He tricked me... kinda. I thought he had just touched it... and then he asked me if it was on... because he had just put his hand about the stove top... and not on it. He didn't think it was on... so since I thought he had just touched it... I touched it and found out that it was most definitely on and hot. He appreciated it very much. And I realised how grateful for the nervous system I am. And especially the peripheral nervous system.

My companion is my hero. I love this guy. We are working so hard... but it doesn't seem like it. I've never been so tired in my life, but yet so energised when I go out on the streets. This past week... we did nothing but street contact :) 23 hours of street contacting. I love it. We have some investigators that are really progressing well. Francesco is by far my favourite right now. He is the nicest guy ever. He is a swoll Italian guy. SO huge. And his voice reminds me of Mafia movies. He is progressing too well. I say too well because Elder Avaynesan and I are sacred that we missed a concern that He has. He really well what we teach him and he loves the Book of Mormon. We know he has a Catholic background and therefore we wonder why instead of going back to Catholic church he wants to come to our church (which he did on Sunday). Catholics are very stubborn... but he isn't! I am going to have faith though!! I've never had a golden investigator and this could be my chance. He is very open. That is good. He needs to continue to feel the Spirit and then he will want it with him always... and he'll be baptised. I have faith family. I love my family!!

Families are forever. I know I can live with you all forever. How brilliant is that? :) It makes me smile.
 
Love,
Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment